Full-time or Part-time Section Waiter
About the business:
Lucy Liu has become an icon in the Melbourne dining scene over the last 7 years. Located at the 'Paris-end' of Flinders Lane, we're known for our delicious modern Asian cuisine, cool cocktails and extensive wine list; all delivered by knowledgeable and friendly staff in a vibrant, buzzy 'street food' environment.
About the role:
Lucy's trades 7 days, for lunch through to dinner and provides attentive service in a vibrant restaurant environment. We’re looking for a passionate, knowledgeable and friendly section waiter to join our front of house team.
The successful candidate should already possess strong food and beverage knowledge, having had prior restaurant section waiting experience or comparable skills-sets. Our staff need be able to deliver their knowledge with confidence to our guests. The drive and ability to learn about our extensive menu and 200 bottle strong wine list is a must.
We’re a professional, positive and social crew, working with food and beverage we're genuinely proud of. Team work, enthusiasm and inclusivity are all key factors in our ethos.
Benefits and perks:
- Remuneration paid at Restaurant Industry Award rates including all breaks, penalties and overtime, with opportunities for training and career advancement as part of our own aspirations for growth. Earning a weekly tip packet should also be factored into your take home packet.
- Team-oriented work environment.
- Discounts for staff when dining.
- Fantastic CBD location.
- Lucy’s encourages individuality and the mindset of a work/life balance. This position represents a great opportunity for the right professional.
Skills and experience:
- A professional, self-motivated individual who:
- Has strong attention to detail.
- Is process driven.
- Thrives on a busy shift and remains calm under pressure.
- Has strong communication skills.
- Has previous restaurant experience (highly regarded).
- Has previous experience with wine and spirits (a bonus but not essential as ongoing training will be provided).
- Has a professional attitude and is a team player.
- Is someone, most importantly, who has a passion for customer service.