Aesop has carefully cultivated a work environment in which our employees are constantly challenged to do their best. Our company is determinedly creative, intelligent and progressive, and nurtures these qualities by employing people who share our passionate interest in design, innovation, and incisive enquiry across all fields.
Our organisational culture is entirely unique, distinguished by an uncommon blend of courtesy, cordiality and intellectual energy. We seek those who can bring a wealth of life experience and inspired ideas to our table.
In return, we provide comprehensive induction and training programmes, and encourage an inclusive culture that nurtures enduring professional relationships. We also appreciate the benefits that flow from our employees’ external pursuits.
We raise our bar high at Aesop and never lower it; this is one of the keys to our success and one of the many reasons why people wish to work here. If you would like to join Aesop, we invite you to peruse our current career opportunities.
Purpose of the Role
Aesop are seeking an experienced and dynamic Senior Business Planning Manager to lead and drive the Business Planning and Analysis function based at Aesop’s Global Head Office in Melbourne.
In this role, critical to Aesop, you will be responsible for working with global head office teams and multiple regional offices across over 23 markets to deliver five-year business plans, annual budgets, and rolling forecasts that align to the strategic principles and vision of Aesop.
You will be a key contact with Aesop’s parent entity, Natura & Co Group, with the group planning team as well as providing key insights and reporting metrics to the Group’s Investor Relations team that ultimately provide external analysts commercial insight.
As a significant leader, you will build and lead a small team to implement, maintain and continuously improve the planning process as well as deliver key analytical insights to the business.
Key responsibilities of the role include, but are not limited to –
- Business Planning and Forecasting – You’ll be responsible for preparing the annual five-year financial plan, working closely with the strategy team to ensure the financial plan supports the strategic priorities of Aesop and deliver the detailed bottom up annual budget P&L, cash flow and balance sheet which aligns to the five-year plan targets.
- Management Reporting and Analysis – You’ll be responsible for preparing regular and ad-hoc analysis of performance against business plans with analysis of drivers of each short- and long-term target, as well as providing quarterly management reporting to Natura & Co Group, as well as Aesop monthly management reporting.
- Communication and Leadership – You’ll lead and develop a small business planning team providing coaching, feedback and effective performance management. You’ll also act as Aesop’s key point of contact with Natura & Co’s PF&A and Investor relations teams to provide information around operating performance, quarterly forecasting and key metrics such as like for like growth, store numbers, ROIC, free cash flow and Capex spend.
- Strategic Partnerships - You’ll develop strong relationships and regular communication with key Regional Commercial leaders and Head Office and the internal Project Management Office (PMO) to stay abreast of current trading conditions and status of current and planned initiatives and projects. You’ll also form close relationships with the Strategy team to align planning to the strategic principles of the business, as well as the Sustainability team to support the measurement and reporting of KPIs to continue to advance our Triple Bottom Line reporting.
What We Are Looking For
- Tertiary qualification in Commerce, Finance, Accounting or related field;
- 8+ years’ experience in a similar position;
- CA/CPA/CFA/MBA essential; Strong commercial acumen and advanced understanding of financial metrics and financial statements;
- Strong leadership experience; The ability to lead and influence others to collectively achieve desired outcomes within the dynamics of a matrix organisation is essential to this role;
- Able to quickly develop a strong understanding of the key people and business drivers within any business;
- Strong modelling background combined with ability to deliver planning tools, processes and systems which are robust and scalable;
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement and ability to develop trust and relationships across a wide range of constituents and diverse audiences;
- Experience working across multiple international markets;
- Experience in Retail or FMCG highly regarded; and
- Ability to work effectively in times of ambiguity.
This critical role presents an opportunity to directly impact the future growth of Aesop and the parent group. Aesop provides a supportive and stimulating working environment and a commitment to developing our employees at all levels. If you are looking for the opportunity to evolve your career to the next level with a progressive and entrepreneurial Australian business, then we would love to hear from you.