Our first 4 Pines Sydney CBD venue has been building some street cred in Surry Hills for almost two years but we're about to flip the switch and set our sights higher... so that's where YOU come in.
Your love for all things beer, exceptional customer service and can-do attitude will make you well equipped to be the Venue Manager leading this vibrant venue. You’ll be supported every step of the way but will ultimately take ownership and full responsibility over the 100pax space. As an ideal candidate, you’ll know a bit about the craft beer world, have previous experience as a manager and will be able to take on challenges head on.
Candidates with local insight and experience in the Surry Hills area will be given an extra big high-five.
You’ll be officially taking the reins from the beginning of October but being available to train with the out-going VM during September is preferable. You’ll come replete with ripping banter, high motivation and frothing at the mouth to get stuck in.
Key deets about the venue…
- Currently open 5 nights a week until midnight and at lunch Friday-Sunday
- All tap products are 4 Pines and small range of craft spirits
- A new and vibrant focus on cocktails and bottled sours
- An Asian inspired menu
- Non-pretentious small bar feel styled in a similar vein to other 4 Pines venues but with a Surry Hills leaning
What you’ll be doing…
- Managing the venue; including (but not limited to) cost control, labour management, marketing activations, KPIs/targets
- Training and developing a team of staff
- Working closely with the Sydney Hospo GM/Executive Chef and venue Kitchen Manager to get operations and customer service running like a dream
- Ensuring compliance with liquor licensing, council regulations, food safety, WHS and other relevant legislative instruments
- Be the face of the venue and instil your love of beer
The skills and experience you have…
- Demonstrated leadership qualities with the ability to motivate and train a team of staff
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving and troubleshooting
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Genuine desire to build a connection with the local community
- At least 2 years of previous management experience
- Friendly, positive and approachable attitude
- Current NSW RSA & eligible to hold a Liquor License
- Must have unrestricted Australian work rights
What perks are you going to get?
- Enviable company culture and sociable team across all departments
- 1 for the Community (charitable donations & volunteering opportunities)
- Employee discounts on food and beverage
- Environmentally & Socially conscious organisation (we’re a certified B Corp & proud member of 1% for the Planet)
- Innovative and growing company with on-going training and development opportunities
Position start date – September for training, taking the reins in early October.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE VENUE TO APPLY - WE ARE TAKING ALL COVID-19 PRECAUTIONS SERIOUSLY TO PROTECT OUR PEOPLE AND COMMUNITY.