Are you on the hunt for casual, part-time, or full-time retail jobs in Sydney? Job hunting can be overwhelming and sometimes it can be hard even knowing where to start. If you’re currently on the lookout for work, or perhaps thinking about making a change in your career down the track, this blog is for you.
Here are some ways to find your dream role:
Search through a job marketplace
Using an online job marketplace like Locimo can save you hours of manual searching. We’ve curated local casual, part-time, and full-time jobs in Sydney for you to browse through. To start using the Locimo platform, follow these simple steps:
- Create your online visual CV - This is your opportunity to express your personality and let your future employer know all about your education, skills, and training. Create one online here and visit this blog to find out some tips and tricks to make your CV standout.
- Browse job listings - Head to our ‘Find a Job’ tab and search through the current roles available. You can streamline your search by selecting your preferred industry and role type (casual, part-time, or full-time).
- Find out more about your future employer - We know that there are many factors that you should consider when applying for a job (so many, in fact, that we made a blog about it here). Each business on Locimo has a company profile, this is a space for you to find out all the ins and outs of the company so you can feel confident in your decisions.
Download your CV
Once you’ve created your virtual CV through Locimo, download a PDF copy onto your computer. This will give you a beautifully designed resumé to keep on hand for in-person interviews, or if you are applying for roles directly via email. The PDF also contains a link to your online CV making it easy for future employees to connect with you through the Locimo platform.
Pick out your dream employer
When searching for a new role, start by assessing who your dream employee would be. Ask yourself:
- What brands and businesses do I know and love?
- What companies have I heard positive work experiences about?
- Where do I see myself in 5-10 years and how will a role and employer help me get there?
Write down your dream list of employers and then head to our ‘Find a Job’ tab and search the brand name in the finder section to see any available roles. If a brand you love doesn’t have any current roles available, "follow" them on Locimo to be the first to hear about any new updates.
To follow your favourite brands, simply:
- Go to the ‘Browse Brands’ tab;
- Tap the love heart next to the brands you want updates on and you’ll become the first to know about new jobs as soon as they go live!
Happy job hunting!